Saturday, November 12, 2016

Baking instead of stitching...

Hi everyone! It has been a bit since I have written a blog. My computer died, so I have been borrowing the child's computer, which is a task in and of itself. Have you ever tried to pry something electronic out of a 14-year-old's hands when they are glued to You Tube and Netflix?  LOL.

Anyway, while I have made some progress on my Mirabilia piece, I'm not where I want to be to take a picture. So I have posted no stitching updates. I also have not had a great deal of time to stitch for whatever reason. Hasn't stopped me from purchasing patterns or threads mind you, but nonetheless, I have not put many stitches in fabric lately.

However, I have been cooking and baking, and tonight I made the copycat of the Cranberry Bliss Bar at Starbucks, which I must say turned out amazing! I tweaked the recipe just a tad, but wow, are those things good. One must like cranberries and white chocolate, however.



I also made Ginger Jump Ups, the recipe of which was put out by Zingerman's - a most wonderful place here in Ann Arbor Michigan. I won't bore you with details, but this place not only has a bake house, but a creamery and a coffeehouse where they roast their own coffee and make the most wonderful desserts. Anyway, they published their cookie recipe, and I made my second attempt at them tonight. This time I did a much better job than a few weeks ago. :) Not quite as dark as they should be, but they are chewy and also amazing, even if I do say so myself.



Baking is like stitching to me - Therapy! And since I am low on funds and don't really have a great deal to do on a Saturday evening, the butter and brown sugar started calling my name. LOL. I will take the proceeds into work on Monday for the work peeps to enjoy, and my dad and daughter will also have a couple bites of something on Sunday to eat as well. I, of course, had a bite of the bliss bar and one of the cookies. Have to make sure they taste right after all. ;)

I hope you have a most wonderful evening. I have saved a few short minutes to stitch, so off I go to find that needle and thread. Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment